How does this work? Well, I'm supposed to answer ten questions and then I tag the next writer/friend/wonderful-spinner-of-beautiful-words and the fun continues.
1. WHAT IS YOUR WIP ABOUT?
My fourth full length draft is a NA Contemporary piece with a lot of angst. I mean a LOT. I had the inspiration from a favorite song of mine, and when I started running with the idea I just couldn't stop. It makes me laugh, and the tough parts to write have already made me cry. The basic premise involves a love triangle and lots of raw emotions. I have a feeling I will be editing this one for a long time because I love it so much. It is VERY possibly the book of my heart!
2. WHAT IS YOUR MAIN CHARACTER'S GREATEST STRENGTH?
Taryn, my MC, is fiercely independent. She likes to have people in her life, but she doesn't rely on anyone else. She's a bit stubborn, but it stems from her independence.
3. WHAT IS YOUR MAIN CHARACTER'S GREATEST FLAW?
Taryn is slow to trust. She's had her heart broken in the past, and has a really hard time letting anyone in. She expects to be wronged by most people.
4. NAME YOUR MAIN CHARACTER'S FAVORITE FOOD AND DRINK.
Taryn likes take out. She's not one for cooking many meals. And her favorite drink is alcohol, preferably alcohol that's bought for her.
5. WHAT ANIMAL WOULD YOUR MAIN CHARACTER BE AND WHY?
Taryn would definitely be a cat. She's independent and does everything on her own terms. But if she decides that she like you she'll make a point to let you know it.
6. IF YOU AND YOUR MAIN CHARACTER WERE IN A COFFEE SHOP, WHAT WOULD YOU DISCUSS?
I would love to discuss Taryn's favorite movies, music, quotes. She is the type of girl who would be cooler than me, and I've love to learn from her.
7. WHO WOULD YOUR MAIN CHARACTER LIKE TO DATE/MARRY AND WHY?
She'd think she wanted the bad boy, but in the end she'd really want a softie on the inside. I could see her marrying someone a little nerdy but still cool.
8. WHAT SUPERHERO DOES YOUR ANTAGONIST ACT LIKE? WHY?
Yeah.... I have no idea on this one. Skip...
9. IF YOU MADE A MUSIC VIDEO STARRING YOUR ANTAGONIST, WHAT WOULD BE HIS OR HER SONG?
Yup. These ones about the antagonist aren't as easy for me. I think for the antagonist I'd pick the song "Cheap and Evil Girl."
10. WHAT FICTIONAL CHARACTER DO YOU LIKE THE MOST AND WHY?
I love the characters in Chuck Palahniuk books. I don't even know which ONE to pick, so I'm just going to pick his characters overall.
1. What is your WIP about?
2. What's your favorite line so far?
3. What happens in your favorite scene from your WIP?
4. If you and your main character were in a coffee shop, what would you discuss?
5. How many revisions do you think you'll go through before you consider it complete?
6. Do you find yourself putting past experiences in your book? Give an example!
7. What song best fits your WIP? or what are you listening to as you write?
8. Who is your author role model and why?
9. What advice do you have for other writers?
10. What fictional character do you like the most and why?
I tag a any other writer who wants to play along. Normally I tag a few specific people, but this one is longer, so you decide if you want to participate!