First off I have news :) I got my first official rejection for Rearview! I know it sounds weird to be excited about it, though fellow writers I know you understand, but it's my first response at all. Getting any response is progress. Plus it's immense progress from before when I was too scared to submit at all. So in light of my wonderful rejection response (I printed it out and I plan to do something fun with my rejections) I'm going I celebrate strong and quirky females!
For my top ten today I'll be sharing ten of my favorite female characters. They're not in order, and I guarantee I'll forget a few really good ones. It's also important to note that I haven't read a lot of the classics, so this is just from books I have read. (Ps pretty much every top 10 is going to have repeats lol!)
1) Tiffany in Silver Linings Playbook - I love her because she's real and she has lots of problems, but she doesn't run from them. She's dynamic.
2) Hermione in Harry Potter - she's absolutely amazing. I've always hearted her. She's smart and strong and loves to read. She also doesn't back down from who she is it what she believes in.
3) Katniss from Hunger Games - funny that this is the second character played by the beautiful JLaw in the movie version :) again this is a beautiful and strong character who fights for what she believes in.
4) Heather Wells in the Not Fat series - I use this series every time, but I heart Heather! She's so goofy and crazy shit goes through her mind. I can't help but laugh when I read these! Plus she's a determined lady which I love.
5) Abby from Beautiful Disaster - okay I just love this book so I had to use Abby! I do like her though because she fights hard and she loves hard.
6) Lizzie from Queenof Babble - I love her because she's self conscious and can't stop talking. She's quirky too. My kind if girl! :)
7) Phoebe from Catcher in the Rye - she's a smart little girl that her brother looks up to. Plus she's stubborn which I love.
8) Evelyn Dae from Who is Evelyn Dae - so I'm friends which the author of this one, but I like Eve because she struggles with so much. She had significant problems, but she really works to figure out who she is and what she wants.
9) Ophelia from Hamlet - she's battered and broken, and I've always loved Ophelia. I adore her name too. I love how painfully flawed she is. She just seems so real and raw.
10) Janey from Trading up - she's a bitch, she's crafty and even a but manipulative but she's one strong bitch. She puts herself at number one and she never looks back. I love her stubborn and forceful nature.
Well that's all for my list today. Who are your favorite ladies?