I've been working hard on NaNo and I hit 57k last night! I have just 18k left to go :) and I'm very excited to finish Aidan's (first) story! I'm surprised with how dark it's getting, but that's where the story is leading me, so I'm just going with the flow.
I recently self published a short story, IT ONLY HURTS WHEN I BREATHE, and I've been plugging it a little :) it's one that I wrote long ago, but still love today. It's about a girl named Voilet who deals with both betrayal and love. It falls somewhere between drama and romance... But I think a better tag is realistic fiction. I've also been thinking about new ways to promote it (so if you have any ideas feel free to share). For future projects I'm considering creating a book trailer :) we'll see!
When thinking about Violet's story I've considered her character more than I have in the past. I really heart her even though she's kinda messed up and flawed. I think that what I like best about her though.
I decided to describe her a little to intrigue you readers to read her little short story :) http://amzn.to/1crDyUO
Ten things about Violet:
1) Violet is somewhat introverted. She has friends, but she doesn't share her secrets quickly or easily. She's a bit private unless she can really trust you.
2) Violet has had dysfunctional relationships in the past. She's learning that those dysfunctional people from past can become magnetic, however.
3) Violet is okay with showing emotion. She isn't scared to cry or to feel.
4) Violet knows she's flawed, and sometimes she wonders if there are pieces if her missing that other people, "regular people," do have.
5) Quiet drives down the highway late at night are a relaxing activity for Violet. Time to think and relax. (I used to love this too!)
6) Violet has made her fair share of mistakes. She tries not to regret, but there are some things you can never undo.
7) Loud clocks are a pet peeve of Voilet's.
8) Violet is harder on herself than probably any one else would be. She has a hard time giving herself forgiveness or credit.
9) Violet has a hard time hearing "I love you."
10) Violet can get lost in a moment. She can get lost within herself thinking and feeling.
Not gonna lie she's a pretty cool girl :) if you want to read about her check out the link!